October 29, 2012

Real, Live(?) Ghosts


I apologize for not posting lately. I had a weekend date with some ghosts.

Let me preface this--I'm a skeptic. Hard to believe, right? The girl who starts planning her Halloween costume months in advance doesn’t believe in ghosts? Nope. But this certainly makes it easier for me to get excited about scary movies and ghost stories.

For our 3-year anniversary, my boyfriend and I decided to take a trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas and stay at The Crescent Hotel—the 10th most haunted spot in the United States. Nothing says romance like pregnant women falling from balconies and cancer patients being “treated” with carbolic acid.

You know what this non-believer did after the ghost tour ended the first night? She FREAKED OUT. This imagination is going to be the death of me. Sitting in the dark, all I could think about was the child that was watching me at the end of my bed or the perverted construction worker who would probably (definitely) watch me shower in the morning.

I don’t know what I would’ve done if I’d actually experienced something paranormal. It probably would’ve gone something like this:

Me: [Sees little girl standing at the end of the bed] . . .

Little girl: [Stares at me through two dark holes in her skull]

Me: [Stares back] mmmm [starts to whimper] AAAHHHHGLLLAAADAAAACCKMAA!

[Runs screaming from room and wakes up everyone in the hotel, including ghosts]

Boyfriend: [Chases me] What are you doing!?

Me: AAAHHHHGLLLAAADAAAACCKMAA!

Boyfriend: [Throws a blanket over me to avoid scratches, then scoop me up and carries me back] What was that about?

Me: AAAHHHHGLLLAAA—oh.

Boyfriend: Oh?

Me: I thought my coat buttons were that little girl that died on this floor.

Anyone ever experienced something that changed their mind about ghosts? The Ghost Hunters actually filmed at The Crescent, and their footage is pretty creepy. Check it out, if you're interested:


 Oh, and I do recommend staying at The Crescent, believer or not. The ghost tour was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment