January 28, 2013

What to do in the winter?


After the first year or so of living in Springfield for college, I started to stick up for this city. It has a lot going for it. Namely, great food. But other things too! There’s the Nature Center, the Japanese Stroll Garden, lots of parks, a mall, movie theaters (including a great independent theater), a bar scene, an ice skating rink, and as we all know—lots of squirrel-watching opportunities. Am I missing anything?

As the weather starts to get colder, I’m feeling cooped up (I hope you took advantage of the beautiful weather today!). It’s usually too nasty outside to warrant a hike at the Nature Center, and the squirrels are all hiding in their nests. By the way, if you didn’t know that squirrels live in nests, you need to check it out. It’s totally adorable.

My fellow Springfieldians, what do you do for fun during the winter months? Do you succumb to staying inside, or is there a wintertime Springfield gem that I’m missing? I tried eating brownies to make the boredom go away, but I’ve now exhausted my supply of cocoa.

What are your favorite spots in this city?

No comments:

Post a Comment