September 18, 2012

Icky, Icky Feelings


I don’t have a lot of feelings, but when I do, I have feelings in inappropriate places. Take, for instance, my most recent breakdown.

It happened at a Kohl’s.

In the middle of the women’s department.

To make a short story even shorter, my younger sister just left for college. She now lives 2,000 miles away from me. So, my grandma and I were taking her shopping before she left. She started talking about how she would need a hoodie, and, just like that, something about her talking about hoodies, made me snap.

[Reaches hand out toward sister]

Sister: What?

Me: [Small, whimpering sound]

Sister: What?

Me: I want to give you a hug. [Starts bawling]

Sister: OHMYGOD.

Me: [Still bawling]

Grandma: [Starts bawling]

Sister: Seriously, guys? Seriously?

Me & Grandma: [Bawling while nodding “yes”]

Sister: I don’t know you people.

Grandma & I: [Hug each other]

I managed to pull it together when my sister started to run away from us. I didn’t want to be separated from her before I had to. Feelings are hard. How do normal people deal with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment